New spaceships are coming soon!
Reaper: belongs to the General class, collects some of the debris directly after the combat.
Pathfinder: belongs to the Discoverer class, collects debris directly at the expedition area as long as there is cargo capacity available.
Crawler: belongs to the Collector class, supports production in mines.
News originally published on 2019.08.30. A new marketplace is coming to the game!
Yes, you read right!
Through this market, you will be able to trade resources, ships and items with resources from other players!
Did you think the new ships were limited to your selected class? No, they are not! You will be able to get the new ships from the different classes through the marketplace offers from other players!
We have some news for you!
As the testing of the update continues, there have been some interesting adjustments!
- The collector class will have several free marketplace slots (defined by server settings).
- The discovered class will have its phalanx range increased(defined by server settings).
- The general class will have an additional level of combat technology (defined by server settings).
Would you rather play in a server with or without merchant?
Once the content update is ready, some of the new servers might start without premium trader in the game. For the time being, once the update goes live in the older universes the merchant will continue to be available.
Leave us your comments in the discussion thread! We want to know how would you rather play!
Ready for more info?
To prevent the marketplace from being a resources storage, the marketplace will have some taxes.
- It will consume 15% taxes of the total value from each trade. The taxes will be taken from the resources received in exchange of the offer sold.
- The marketplace offers will be removed autimatically after 3 days if they have not been part of a trade. This action will consume 25% taxes of the offer value and will be taken when the offer is removed from the market.
These values might change in the future for older universes. It will depend on their age and activity.,
What percentages do you think are good for these 2 types of taxes in your servers?
on Monday, 14th of October we will implement the version 7.0.0 in the Public Test Servers.
With this update, the marketplace, classes and new ships we have been talking about for the past months will be available for you to build and explore.
If you don't own already an account in the pioneers lobby, you can create one through the following link: lobby-pioneers.ogame.gameforge.com/en_GB/
Please, keep in mind the pioneers lobby is independent to the live lobby so you will not be able to merge your accounts into the same lobby.
The test servers available for you to play the update from Monday 14th are called Origin and Bermuda.
The full changelog will be available on Monday for you to read.
We hope you have a great time testing the new update and please, if you encounter any issue, report it in the new sections that will be available for you to talk about the update in the forum.
Op Zondag 27 Oktober om 15.00 uur zal een een testversie gestart worden op de publieke testservers om te zien of het lag probleem daarmee verholpen word.
Er word verzocht aan de spelers om die tijd in te loggen om het testen te bevorderen.
as we continue preparing the release of the content update we decided to put the version in 1 live server this week.
We feel confident about the update being ready for the live servers, but
want to first set it up in a highly populated server to make sure we
got rid of the lag issues we had in the public test server.
For this reason, the update will come to the server Libra in OGame.de
this week. There isn't an exact release date yet, it will be announced
within today or tomorrow.
To avoid multi accounts and overpopulating the server with long term
vacation modes in the future, the registration of this server has been
closed prior to this announcement.
Once the update goes live in the server, there will be a feedback button
activated in this specific server. Please, use the feedback button to
report anything problem you encounter in the server.
Please, play as much as you can!
Note: the classes and new ship formulas might be changed in the future, it will depend on the result of this release.
In the marketplace, you will not be able to trade items at first, but
only resources and ships. This will change in the future.
Maandag 18 november zal voor de Verzamelaarsklasse de snelheid van vrachtschepen worden versneld naar 100% meer ten opzichte van de basissnelheid.
De verandering zal om 13.00 uur plaats vinden in alle servers waar de update beschikbaar is.
Vandaag is de update versie 7.1.0-rc3 live gegaan op Kallisto.
Tevens nog wat informatie welke regelmatig gevraagd word in diverse community's over de update:
- There are reports of people believing their resources are resources resetting when they refresh the page. This is not the case.
If you don't have enough energy/ no Deuterium but only fusion reactors, your counters are shown to wrongly count up. Refreshing the page fixes this, so the amount you have after a refresh is the correct one. To avoid this, leave some Deuterium behind and ensure that your energy production can handle everything.
- The Marketplace takes out all offers, searches etc automatically after 3 days if they aren't taken. The fee will be deducted as if it was manually cancelled.
- There is a limit to how many offers/searches you can open. Your free slots are visible under 'Fleet'. You get additional slots with the Collector class or by increasing your computer technology level.
- Your marketplace messages stay for 7 days. After that, your trades are automatically delivered.
- The amount of Crawlers shown in your resource setting is the working amount, not the total amount.
Your working amount of Crawlers is capped by your total mine levels. Only working Crawlers consume energy and produce.
- All Class boni on speed etc are on the base values of the ships.
- You can only have one class! Deactivating or changing it causes the old one to be permanently lost! You will lose the boni associated to your previous class when you switch it.
Clarification of the crawlers:
As some of you have been reporting issues with the crawlers production, here you have specific information.
To know how many crawlers work in your planet with an example in numbers this is the calculation:
Metal 30 + Crystal 30 + Deuterium 30 = 90*8= 720.
720 crawlers will work in your planet.
720*0.0002= the production increase in your planet. (the production in your planet *1.5 for the collector).